Friday, March 2, 2007

Single Male Dog Seeks New Home

Hi, my name is Lakota. I am a 5-year-old mixed breed dog. My owners were told that I am a Lab/Akita/Rhodesian Ridgeback. I am a brindle coloring and have clear blue eyes. Sometimes my eyes spook people, other times they woo people. I am a very sensitive, loyal and intelligent dog. Why doesn't my owner want me then? Well, they have a new child and they can't love me like they used to. I enjoy young children, as long as they are not my owners. I do well with older school agers and up who know how to love on me. Toddlers just want to get my owners love and never even pet me. I have never tried to hurt the child, I just want it to be me and my owners. My favorite pass time is lying on the rug and getting my tummy rubbed. I love to run outside in the backyard and go for walks. I am trained and will obey in the house or yard or when I am on a leash. I prefer to sleep inside on my bed. I will bring my bed and some dog food with me. I am a large breed dog that ONLY barks if someone is knocking on the door or when someone first arrives in the house (besides my masters). Funny but true, I have never, ever jumped up on my owners! Since I am so tall I don't have to:-) I also know how to hop in the tub to take my bath. I am a good watchdog and definitely get attention wherever I go. I presently live in town, but I would also do well on a farm as long as I have a place to snuggle up inside too. I also have two cats that live with me and I play with them every day. Please don't take this personally, but if you can't treat me like a baby then don't bother. I really like being the baby and loved on all of the time. I am would grow to be loyal to you and give you lots of love in return.


Here I am with my cat. I love to lay around on my bed.

No comments: